Foods To Eat And ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ Before Giving Birth You Need To Read Before Pregnant
The phrase “eating for 2” is accurate when it comes to pregnancy but not in the sense of twice as much food but rather, twice as many nutrients vitamins and minerals. A diet high in iron, calcium, folic acid, and protein is vital as well as some extra calories to ensure that both the mother and the baby are getting all the healthy nutritious food that is required during pregnancy. It is important to keep in mind that a pregnant woman requires more vitamins and minerals and sometimes sᴜᴘᴘʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ ᴅɪᴇᴛ. Pᴏᴏʀ ᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴀʙɪᴛs ᴄᴀɴ ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴀsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ ᴏF ɢᴇsᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ᴅɪᴀʙᴇᴛᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴs
Foods to eat:
- Foods rich in Omega 3s such as salmon is ideal for the development of the ʙʀᴀɪɴ in a growing fetus.
- Leafy greens contain the most important nutrients for a developing baby since they are rich in iron and fiber.
- Whole grains are rich in fiber, plant compounds, vitamin B, and magnesium which pregnant women require in high amounts.
- Lean meat is a high source of iron, protein, and vitamin B which are important during pregnancy.
- Fish liver oil can provide all omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A and Vitamin D which are all extremely important during pregnancy and it can be taken as an alternative especially when the mother doesn’t eat fish.
- Berries are rich in Vitamin C, fiber, and ᴀɴᴛɪᴏxɪᴅᴀɴᴛs ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴇʟᴘ with ᴄᴏɴsᴛɪᴘᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏᴄᴄᴜʀs during pregnancy.
- Dairy products are high in protein and ᴄᴀʟᴄɪᴜᴍ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴇssᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ꜰᴇᴛᴜs. In addition, it is important to eat yogurt for its probiotic properties.
- Legumes are rich in folate and fiber and they can reduce the ʀɪsᴋ ᴏF ʙɪʀᴛʜ ᴅᴇFᴇᴄᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴇᴀsᴇs.
- Sweet potatoes and carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene which the mother’s body then transforms into Vitamin A which aids in the normal production of ᴄᴇʟʟs.
Foods to ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ:
- ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ cold cured meats such as salami, pepperoni, chorizo, and prosciutto since they ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ ᴛᴏxᴏᴘʟᴀsᴍᴏsɪs-ᴄᴀᴜsɪɴɢ ᴘᴀʀᴀsɪᴛᴇs.
- ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ liver since it is extremely high in Vitamin A and it can ʜᴀʀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇᴛᴜs.
- ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ partly cooked or raw eggs which have a ʀɪsᴋ ᴏF sᴀʟᴍᴏɴᴇʟʟᴀ.
- ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ pâtés since they ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ ʟɪsᴛᴇʀɪᴀ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɪs ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs to consume during pregnancy.
- ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ raw or undercooked meat since there is a ʜɪɢʜ ʀɪsᴋ ᴏF ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏxᴏᴘʟᴀsᴍᴏsɪs.
NOTE: It is important to consult your doctor first about dietary needs and restrictions while pregnant and they will be able to ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇ ᴀ ᴅɪᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʟᴀɴ for you in order to get all the necessary nutrients and ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ foods that can ʜᴀʀᴍ your baby.