7 Wᴇɪʀᴅ Things You Didn’t Realise Happen To Your Body During Pregnancy
Pregnancy is time of great ᴘʜʏsɪᴄᴀʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ change for women. Everyone expects pregnancy to bring an expanding waistline. But many women are surprised by the other body changes that pop up. Everything from the size of her belly to the speed at which her ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛs will change over the nine months leading up to childbirth. Partly the result of ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴀʟ Fʟᴜᴄᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴs and ᴘᴀʀᴛʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜʏsɪᴄᴀʟ sᴛʀᴀɪɴ of carrying extra body weight, pregnant women can expect to buy new bras, search for ways to ᴀʟʟᴇᴠɪᴀᴛᴇ sᴡᴏʟʟᴇɴ ᴀɴᴋʟᴇs, ɢᴀsᴘ Fᴏʀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴀFᴛᴇʀ ᴄʟɪᴍʙɪɴɢ a few stairs, and marvel at how quickly their nails grow. Below for a complete look at the changes women can anticipate during pregnancy.
- Hair Where? Can grow on face or neck. Wᴀxɪɴɢ, ᴛᴡᴇᴇᴢɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ are safe. Should go away 6 months after you give birth.
- The Mask of Pregnancy: Dᴀʀᴋ ᴘᴀᴛᴄʜᴇs ᴏɴ sᴋɪɴ. Often appear on cheeks, forehead, nose, or upper lip. May fade after pregnancy.
- Nᴏsᴇʙʟᴇᴇᴅs: A common pregnancy sʏᴍᴛᴏᴍ. Gᴇɴᴛʟʏ sǫᴜᴇᴇᴢᴇ nose between thumb and forefinger a few minutes. Call doctor if ʙʟᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ’ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ.
- Nɪᴘᴘʟᴇ Changes: Darker skin on and around them. Small ʙᴜᴍᴘs.
- Loose Teeth: This ɢᴏᴇs ᴀᴡᴀʏ after you give birth. Have ʙʟᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ ɢᴜᴍs? See your doctor.
- Pregnancy Line “Linea Nigra”: Faint dark streak down middle of belly. Goes from ɴᴀᴠᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜʙɪᴄ ʜᴀɪʀ. May fade after delivery.
- Skin Tags: Tiny, loose, flesh-colored growths.Not ᴄᴀɴᴄᴇʀᴏᴜs. Usually appear on arms, breasts.